In order to help you enjoy your visit to The Eastbury Hotel please see the information below regarding ease of access to the premises.
Prior to your arrival
- Bookings can be made through our on-line booking service, by phone, in person or via email.
- We are located approximately 5-10 minutes’ walk from Sherborne train station and the centre of Sherborne town.
- We would be delighted to organise a taxi for you from the station or from the airport (Bristol airport is a 1 hour drive away).
- We are also able to organise a taxi suitable for wheelchair users.
On arrival at the front of the hotel
- Immediately in front of the hotel, on the same side as the hotel, there is unrestricted car parking.
- On the opposite side of the road however, please note you are unable to park after 9.30am or before 6.00pm Monday to Saturday (including bank holidays).
- Access at the main entrance is via uneven steps (front entrance shown in this picture).
- We would be delighted to help you with your luggage. Please just ask one of the team at Reception and we will collect any luggage from your car and deliver to your room.
- For guests with limited mobility, we recommend that access to the Eastbury should be via the car park located at the rear of the property. We have a dedicated disabled parking space located nearest to the pathway which leads to the hotel and restaurant. If you require assistance please contact our reception team on 01935 813131 when you arrive in the car park and one of our team will come down and meet you to provide assistance.
Disabled room access
- We have two dedicated wheelchair accessible rooms which have wide entrance doors and disabled facilities in the bathroom including an emergency call cord. We have a total of seven ground floor bedrooms that provide easy access to those guests with limited mobility. Each of these has a walk in shower. All are accessible at ground level via the rear of the hotel.
Disabled restaurant access
- Our award-winning restaurant is wheelchair accessible via the double doors located on the bottom terrace. This door is at ground floor level. A small door ramp is available if required. Please contact us when you arrive at the hotel and we will position this for you.
Disabled spa access
- Our spa has wheelchair access via the two doors at the front of the spa. The changing room and toilet has a extra wide door and disabled facilities including an emergency call cord and grab rail.
On arrival at the rear of the hotel
- Our gravel car park is situated at the rear of the property (as shown in this picture).
- From the car park there is a concrete slope and then a gravel path leading to reception. The path is approximately 100 yards long.
- There are three uneven steps leading from the back to reception.
As detailed above, we have our own gravel car park which is able to accommodate up to 18 cars. Extra parking is available either outside the front of the hotel on the public road or a 5 minute walk in the local car park. This is a pay and display.
EV charging point
There is an Electric Vehicle charging point located in the car park. There is a charge of £15 per night for charging your vehicle. Please contact reception upon your arrival to collect the charging point key. The key must be returned on departure.
- The floor of the reception area is tiled
- There is a low-level Reception desk
- All entrances and exits from reception involve three steps (rear entrance shown in this picture).
Conservatory Restaurant and Bar
- These rooms can be accessed via a slope from the gravel path (see picture) at the rear of the hotel. If approaching from Reception there are three steps down to the level of the restaurant.
- Once in the restaurant it is set on two levels. There are tables on both the top and bottom levels with three steps down to the lower level.
- Tables have central pedestals and are suitable for wheelchair users.
- All the restaurant chairs are armless. Chairs with arms are available should you prefer.
- Full waiter service is provided.
- There are eight bedrooms with ground floor access.
- Two of these ground floor rooms have access from the garden only.
- One room may be accessed via reception and three steps, or via a slope from the garden. There are five Victorian Garden Potting Shed suites located in the gardens.
- The bathrooms in two of the rooms are large and have flush to floor shower cubicles. One has a shower seat.
- ‘Verbena’ has grab rails in the bathroom to allow easier mobility around the bathroom.
- We do not have adapted bathrooms.
- If required we are able to get hoists and wheelchairs along with commodes.
Conference and Banqueting Suites
The Garden Suite is adjacent to the restaurant and is accessed through the restaurant. It can be found on one level.
We do not have disabled toilets. However, both the Ladies and Gentlemen’s toilets have a privacy lock on the main door should this be required.
- If you have difficulty with your hearing please let reception know so that they may alert you in the event of a fire.
- If you require any assistance for evacuation please notify reception on arrival
- In the event that you would like any medication stored in refrigerators please request this on check in.
We have aimed to be accurate and to include as much as possible in our Access Statement. If you feel that we have missed anything or could improve the information given please speak to one or our team in Reception, call us on 01935 813131 or email: [email protected]